About the Village
Independent living, secure gated community, pet friendly complex
Feel secure living in a gated community!
- solar panels to decrease electricity charges
- extensive maintained gardens with a
rainwater fed irrigation system
- two well appointed Community centres. Drop in for a cup of tea or a glass of wine. Watch a film or hold your next party here!
- care assistance if required
- close to public transport with bus at the front gate.
25 apartments designed by award winning architects Calder Flower:
- 2 bedrooms plus study
- ceasarstone kitchen benchtops
- semi frameless shower screens
- each apartment has an ensuite and main bathroom with laundry
- large balconies or generous terraces
- oversized car spaces and storage cages
- underground and secure parking
- split system air conditioning
- electric cooktop and oven
- ample power points
- access to Foxtel
- internet access points.
What is Included?
All inclusions are supplied and maintained by Bankstown City Aged Care
You will only need to bring and maintain your own:
- washing machine & dryer.
If required you will need to sign up for your own:
- personal plan for phone, internet and Foxtel with your provider.
Your monthly recurrent fee ensures that all equipment supplied by us, fees and charges, rates, lawns, gardens maintenance and repairs are managed by us.
Bankstown City Aged Care will administer and look after your:
- land rates
- insurances (building only)
- gardening fees
- general electricity and water usage for the village (not including your personal metered usage)
- community centre
- general maintenance.
A special inclusion in Donington Gardens is the provision of two individual Community Centres, the original one named ‘Tom Thumb’ after the tiny boat in which Bass and Flinders explored and charted the coastal inlets and rivers around Port Jackson.
Both centres provide residents with attractive and spacious venues for parties, movies, functions, craft classes or other activities that the management committee may initiate.
The new Community Centre offers a large television, fully equipped kitchen and lounge areas where residents may meet, socialise and relax, while ‘Tom Thumb’ Community Centre includes a fireplace, a screen for movies, fully functioning kitchen as well as a small library and memorabilia display cabinet. Both Community Centres open via folding glass doors to a generous paved patio and BBQ area.