Features & Benefits
Priority access to facilities and services
Residency at Donington Gardens automatically entitles you to priority access* to any of the established and highly regarded services provided by Bankstown City Aged Care (BCAC), and guaranteed transitions to other services if required.
It’s like an Insurance Policy without the price tag!
As a Donington Gardens resident, you will have priority access, if or when required, to the following services provided by Bankstown City Aged Care:
A residential facility offering high level care services. It also features a Memory Care unit for residents diagnosed with dementia. Gillawarna Village is located in Rex Road, Georges Hall.
The Betty Sussman Centre
The Betty Sussman Centre operates day activities specifically for people diagnosed with dementia and is of great assistance to family members by giving them some respite. This purpose built day center is based at Gillawarna Village complex in Rex Road Georges Hall.
A modern residential facility surrounded by beautiful gardens and a quiet neighbourhood in Revesby.
BCAC Wellness Centre
BCAC Wellness Centre is open to wider community and provides opportunity to maintain or improve your physical health within a safe and friendly environment, participate in innovative wellbeing programs, chat with friendly, helpful health professionals, and stay connected by engaging with others in your community.
With programs developed in consultation with Western Sydney University, BCAC Wellness Centre has state-of-the-art equipment from HUR Australia – world leaders in senior’s fitness. The centre is located in Rex Road Georges Hall
In-Home Support Services
In- Home Support services are designed to help you maintain independence and remain in the comfort of your home as long as possible. Our Home Care Package service is available to residents who have been assessed and allocated a package by My Aged Care.
Finding the care and services may be overwhelming. With decades of specialised industry experience, Bankstown City Aged Care offer obligation – free Advisory Service to get the support that’s rights for you.
Fee for Service
Fee for Service is a private support services which may be accessed by residents who require regular or short term assistance with the following services:
- domestic assistance
- personal care
- meals cooked in your apartment
- transportation to doctors or specialists
- the provision of any service to make life easier in times of sickness, recovery from injury or operations or simply to offer you security and alternatives as you age.
*All offers of priority access are on the basis of places being available at that time and if the client is approved to receive that particular type of care or service.
The wider Canterbury-Bankstown area offers innumerable opportunities for residents of Donington Gardens to engage in wide-ranging social and recreational pursuits
Canterbury-Bankstown City Council offers:
- 4 Leisure Centres in the Canterbury-Bankstown Local Government Area including Revesby, Birrong, Chester Hill and Greenacre
- 5 operational tennis centres with qualified coaches
- Bankstown Men’s Shed
- wide-ranging women’s groups
- multicultural services catering to the diverse population
- Bankstown Library
- disability and library outreach services
- Bankstown Arts Centre and Gallery conducts exhibitions, art workshops and classes in creative painting and drawing, multimedia and ceramics
- volunteer organisations including Meals on Wheels and Bushcare volunteers associations to protect native bushland
- Bankstown Bites, a festival for ‘foodies’, celebrating foods available in Bankstown
- Gillawarna Arts Festival supports burgeoning local talent
- buses, trains, taxis and community transport
- buses at the door, short trip by bus to Bankstown station
- Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital
- Bass Hill Plaza offers Aldi, Woolworths and K Mart
- Georges Hall shops, including IGA, are only a 10 minute walk away
- Bankstown Central Shopping Centre is nearby
- Multi-denominational churches
- Lake Gillawarna, nearby Georges River picnic area
- Sefton Golf Course
- Bowling clubs
- Bankstown Sports Club
- Revesby Workers Club
- Bankstown RSL
- Club Condell Park
- Senior Citizens Groups located in Chester Hill, Georges Hall, Greenacre, Padstow, Panania and Yagoona Senior Citizens’ Clubs
- Tai Chi gentle exercise classes, craft and morning tea, bingo, board games, cards, indoor carpet bowls and bus trips, singing and dancing, concerts